Every day may not be good...


This is how I felt yesterday.  On my way to work, my truck broke down.  There is a feeling that rushes over you; I'm sure everyone has felt it at one time or another. Your mind kind of goes into what seems like a vacuum. Time seems to stop and you start automatically assessing:  "Am I okay?  What do I do?  How bad is this? "

I'm a very positive person so the first thing my brain starts telling me is, "You can deal with this. Your cell phone is charged and you have someone to call for help. Thank God it's daylight!"

What good can come from a day like this?  For me, the good was knowing I have friends to call that will gladly drop everything when I need them.  I have an understanding boss that was not mad, but actually very supportive.  Her response was a lighthearted, "We'll survive, just don't get kidnapped." That eased my mind and made me chuckle.

I believe it's all in your mind set when things like this happen.  It could totally ruin a day, or it can give you time to step back a bit to reflect on how good things really are.  It definitely wasn't the day I had planned, but it was still a good day.

Have a good day, Auntie Babette

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Family

Dad's Spaghetti